Brent’s life is his music, and the study of tribal rhythms.
His education has been intense and in-depth studying with drum masters in different parts of the world. His experience studying with the master professor Mr. Kwasi Badu of Ghana, Africa, was profound and very meaningful. Brent has traveled throughout Africa to study the roots of African music, tribal ceremonies and rhythms. His music takes ancestral rhythms from all over the world and combines them for a unique world beat.
Brent owes everything to his dearest friends John & Jerry Herbert who believed in his music from the beginning.
National Television Appearances
- Charo Special “Live”, the Sahara, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Jerry Lewis Telethon
- Prime Time T.V. Special, South Africa
- Arib/American Special
- Don Kirshner’s Rock Concert
- VH1 Hall of Famers
Night Club Appearances
- Club Caprice (formerly known as The Strand) with Eric Burdon & The New Animals in Redondo Beach, California.
- Fountainblue Hotel – Charo/Myron Cohen Show in Miami Beach, Florida.
- Doug Weston’s Troubadour in Hollywood, California.
- Sahara Hotels in Las Vegas, Reno, and Lake Tahoe, Nevada.
- Ahmanson Theatre with Paula Kelly in Los Angeles, California.
- Rivergate, New Orleans, Louisiana.
- The Fire & Spice Show, in the Aladdin Hotel, Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Las Vegas Golden Stars, at the Convention Center, in Acapulco, Mexico.
- Holiday Inn, in Aruba, N.A.
- The Charo Show, in Reno, Nevada.
- Wild Coast Hotel, in South Africa.
Teaching Experience & Workshops
- 1200 Students at the High School in Lewisburg, West Virginia
- 1000 Students at the Junior Hight School in Lewisburg, West Virginia
- Head Start Teachers in Lewisburg, West Virginia
- Rhythm Workshop in Lewisburg, West Virginia
- Pre-School to 10-year-olds at Crane Country Day School in Santa Barbara, California
- Gaja Bookstore, Berkeley, California
- Orange Coast College, Orange, California
- Out of Africa, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Stick, Stone & Bone, New York, New york
- White Swan Music, Boulder, Colorado
- Whalers Bookshoppe, Maui, Hawaii
- San Jacinto College, San Jacinto, California
- Ketchum, Idaho
- Out of Africa, Coconut Grove, Florida
- The World Rhythm Festival, Seattle, Washington
- Brent’s Rhythm Workshop, Melbourne, Australia.